Berry Riding Club is an ideal club for riders starting out in showjumping and also for the more experienced show jumpers wishing to train over higher heights.
Events held throughout the year include competitions, coaching days, clear round training days and twilight jumping in the cool of summer evenings.
With plenty of space there’s room to conduct 2 rings of showjumping, an Open Ring (70cm to 120cm) and a Newcomers Ring (X-rails to 70cm).
One show jumping event is held each month using our large variety of fillers and other equipment.
Visit our Facebook page for more photos of our showjumping events.
2019 Showjumping & Derby Calendar
|Date||Event||Draw, Results & Info|
|Each Tuesday & Wednesday||Twilight Jumping from 5pm||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 9th March||Derby Day||Enter via Nominate.|
|Sunday 10th March||Clear Round Jumping Training Day||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Sunday 7th April||Pink Ribbon Fun-khana||Enter online at www.trybooking.com.au|
|Saturday 13th April||Showjumping Competition||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 11th May||Clear Round Jumping Training Day||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 18th May||Derby Day||Enter via Nominate.|
|Saturday 8th June||Clear Round Jumping Training Day||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Membership due||Renew membership Single: $40 Family: $60||Members will be notified by email when membership renewals are due.|
|Saturday 13th July||Showjumping Competition||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 20th July||Derby Day||Enter via Nominate.|
|Tuesday 6th August||AGM||Friendship Room - North Street Berry (Men's Shed)|
|Saturday 10th August||Derby Day||Enter via Nominate.|
|Saturday 24th August||Clear Round Jumping Training Day||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Sunday 14th September||Clear Round Jumping Training Day||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 5th October Sunday 6th October Monday 7th October||Berry Riding Club Interschools Championships||Entry form posted to BRC Secretary.|
|Saturday 19th October||Derby Day||Enter via Nominate.|
|Saturday 26th October||Clear Round Jumping Training Day||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 32nd November||Derby & Showjumping Day||Enter via Nominate for Derby and Global Entries Online for Showjumping.|
|Saturday 7th December||Clear Round Jumping Training Day Xmas Theme||Enter via Global Entries Online.|
|Saturday 14th December||Derby Day||Enter via Nominate.|
Lending a Hand
Being a very physical sport show jumping needs lots of manpower to make each event run smoothly.
There are several ways riders can help the organisers at each BRC event:
- riders in the lowest heights are asked to arrive early and help set out the course. Over time, this has been perfected to a fine art and often only about 20 minutes is required.
- riders are asked to bring along a friend, parent, partner to help pick up any poles they knock down. By doing this, no one person is left picking up poles all day. A very tiresome and heavy job.
- riders in the higher heights are asked to help pack away the course before going home.
- when not riding riders are asked to help marshall other riders into the ring
- riders can organise lunch and morning tea for judges and volunteers
Any help on the day is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
How to Enter BRC Show jumping Events
To book in to an event:
- Go to Global Entries Online www.globalentriesonline.com.au
- Register as a competitor
- Scroll down to Berry Riding Club
- Click on Event Details
- Follow the prompts
If help is needed when entering please ring Global 1300 365 077
At Berry Riding Club it is not mandatory for horses to be plaited nor riders to wear jackets at our competitions days or any other show jumping event. However this is not the rule at other clubs and therefore it is responsibility of the rider to know the rules before entering their events.
At all BRC events riders are asked to present themselves and their horse in a neat and tidy manner. Many riders choose to wear our club t-shirt, windcheater or rugby top. Click on the Merchandise for an order form.
2018 EA National Jumping Rules
For the complete set of 2018 Rules and Regulations click here and scroll down to all current Jumping Rules.
Remember that at all times it is the responsibility of the rider (regardless of his/her age) to know and operate within the rules.
These rules cover all aspects of jumping from the types of jumps, method of judging, format for competitions to the special rules applicable to competitors.
EA Code of Conduct in Warm up Arenas
- Respect must be shown to all officials and fellow competitors at all times.
- Follow instructions from the Ring Marshal at all times. Remember: Abuse of officials is a reportable offence.
- Always consult the ring Marshal before entering the warm up arena
- Inform Office and Ring Marshall if you are scratching.
- Inform office and Ring Marshall if there is a rider change.
- If there is any reason rider wants to change draw order, this must immediately be forward onto Marshal and Judge for approval.
- Follow the published starting order.
- Abide by the show’s recommended number of competitors in the warm up arena at any one time with a maximum of 10 horses allowed up to 1.30m classes where there is no restriction.
- Only competitors involved in the current competition can use the warm up arena.
- Replace all rails you knock down in the warm up arena.
- Warm up fences cannot be set more than 10cm higher and wider than the maximum dimensions of the current class.
- Competitors to place practice fences back to original height when finished.
- The nearest horse to go on course has priority to use ONE warm up fence.
- Do not return to the warm up fence after completing your round or have been eliminated.
- Do not dismount and hold your horse in the warm up arena unless you are adjusting riding equipment/tack. In this case you must be clear of any jumps.
Get in touch
We love to receive feedback with suggestions on how to continue providing riding fun and good experiences.
Email: BRC Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 02 4464 1143
Mobile: 0410 506 143 (text is best)
Where to find us?
50 Schofields Lane, Berry, NSW 2535, Australia