Berry Riding Club is a very busy club with events taking place on most weekends. Riders of all ages and abilities are welcome to participate in all our activities. However, our events are only open to members of BRC and/or the EA.
Membership benefits of Berry Riding Club include discounted entry fees, preference for clinics and events when numbers are limited, advance notice of upcoming activities, voting rights at General Meetings and the right to stand for a position as a Committee member.
But, most importantly Berry Riding Club provides an opportunity to socialise with other horse enthusiasts and form new friendships.
BRC Membership Fees: Membership Year – 1st July to 30th June
Single membership: $48
Family membership: $65
Event Membership: $20
How To Join
- Read the BRC Rules & Regulations, EA Member Waiver of Liability & EA Codes of Conduct, Insurance Information and EA Social Media Policy
- Complete the membership process and make payment via Nominate
It is important to note that Berry Riding Club membership does not provide personal accident insurance and BRC strongly recommends that all riders also hold Equestrian Australia membership – which does come with personal accident insurance. For further clarification please read carefully the information provided on the Insurance tab in the Mandatory Reading.
Thank you for joining BRC. Your application, lodged with the Secretary, will be assessed by the Committee as per accordance with the Club’s Constitution (The Department of Fair Trading Model Rules). Should your membership application not be accepted your application fees will be reimbursed.
Mandatory Reading – Information for All Members
BRC Membership provides EA affiliated club insurance cover for Berry Riding Club activities. Please read the EA affiliated club insurance policy here.
It is important to note that Berry Riding Club membership does not provide personal accident insurance and strongly recommends all equestrians also hold Equestrian Australia (EA) membership.
For Australia-wide equestrian activities insurance we suggest riders join the EA (Equestrian Australia – NSW Branch – ENSW).The benefit of joining ENSW is the provision of an excellent personal accident insurance policy. This policy provides cover for EA members for personal injuries sustained whilst engaged in recreational, non-income deriving equestrian activities, 24 hrs a day, 7 days per week. Activities covered include: practicing, training days, clinics, competitions, preparing a horse for competition, lunging and pleasure riding.
- To find out more about EA Insurance click here.
- For more information about the benefits of EA Membership click here
- For FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) about EA Insurance EA membership FAQ
Please Note: If you do not think that you require all the cover provided by the EA, we suggest that you at least have Ambulance Cover because Equestrian sports are dangerous activities.
BRC Rules & Regulations
In order that members, visiting riders & friends of BRC remain safe and have fun at our events and on our club grounds the following rules and regulations must be abided by.
- Horse riding can be a high risk activity and all riders and handlers do so at their own risk.
- Please make safety for yourself & others your highest priority.
- Any person present at a Berry Riding Club activity must participate in a polite, honest and respectful manner in dealings with fellow riders, officials and others associated with BRC.
- Members should make a commitment to the club by providing assistance and support for Berry Riding Club events, even when not riding.
- Any rider using our grounds must be either a member of Berry Riding Club or Equestrian Australia.
- Members wishing to train on our grounds ($10 per horse) must book with the Secretary no later than 6:00pm on the night before and will be notified if the grounds are available and which area to use.
- No rider is allowed to ride at our club grounds by themselves. At all times there must be at least 2 people present.
- Riders under the age of 18 must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times whilst at the grounds. At the beginning of an event the Event Organiser must be notified if a person other than the parent is to be in charge, responsible and accountable for the actions and well being of the junior rider.
- All riders must wear current EA compliant helmets & all riders and handlers must wear appropriate protective footwear.
- A current EA compliant back protector must be worn when training over any cross country jump.
- At an event riders must only use the facilities and equipment associated with that event. The use of unassociated equipment is not permitted.
- Riders must obey all club signage.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead and restrained at all times.
- No smoking allowed.
- Berry Riding Club accepts no responsibility or liability for any injuries or damage arising from participating in any BRC activities.
Failure to comply with the above Rules & Regulations may not only put an individual’s safety at risk, but may also jeopardise the Club’s insurance. Repeated indiscretions may result in the BRC Committee deciding to refuse future entry to events, the use of our grounds or even Club membership.
EA Member Waiver of Liability
All members are asked to read the below Member Waiver of Liability.
Equestrian Australia Limited Release and Waiver of Liability
Assumption of risk and indemnity agreement
Club name: Berry Riding Club Inc
Club postal address: 445 Coolangatta Rd, Berry 2535
Event: (hereafter referred to as “EVENTS)
Note: the Competition & Consumer Act 2010 (“the Act”) implies a warranty of due care and skill into contracts for the supply of services to consumers, as defined in the Act. To the extent that the warranty applies to any contract relevant to the Release and Waiver of Liability, it cannot be excluded.
I understand that clicking the I ACCEPT button constitutes a complete and unconditional release of all liability the Equestrian Australia Ltd including all its State bodies, coaches and affiliated club, to the greatest extent allowed by law in the event me and/or the children under my care, suffering injury or death.
By clicking the I ACCEPT button I confirm having read and understood the contents of this disclaimer.
Member Release and Waiver of Liability ACN 077 455 755 ABN 19 077 0455 755
In consideration of being permitted to compete, officiate, observe, work for, or participate in any way in the EVENT(S), each of the undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her personal representatives, heirs and next of kin:
- Acknowledges, agrees and represents that he/she further agrees and warrants that, if at any time, he/she feels anything to be unsafe, he/she will immediately advise the officials of such and refuse to participate further in the EVENT(S).
- Hereby releases, waives, discharges and convenants not to sue the club/coach, participants, EA and its state bodies or any subdivision thereof, officials, volunteers, medical personnel, any persons, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the EVENT(S), premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises or EVENT(S) and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees, all for the purposes as herein referred to as “Releasees”, from all liability, to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or damage,and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury To the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned arising out or related to the Event(s), whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- Hereby agrees to indemnify and save hold harmless the Releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or related to the EVENT(S), whether caused by the releasees or otherwise.
- Hereby assumes full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury, death or property damage arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- Hereby acknowledges that the activities the EVENT(S) are very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of the undersigned also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue/ medical operations or procedures of the releasees or otherwise.
- Hereby agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts of negligence by the Releasees, incuding negligence rescue operations and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State/Territory in which the EVENT(S) is/are conducted and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I have read this Release and Waiver of Liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights and by clicking on the I ACCEPT button unconditionally release all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
By clicking the I ACCEPT button, I agree to follow the policies of Berry Riding Club Inc.
For members of Minority Age (Under Age 18)
By clicking on the I ACCEPT button, I certify that I as the parent/guardian take legal and supervisory responsibility for minor family members while at Berry Riding Club events.
EA Codes of Conduct
Berry Riding Club is a friendly club that endeavours to conduct a vast array of riding activities for riders of varying abilities.
In order to make our events fun, fair and safe for all, the EA Codes of Conduct are practised. These codes can be found in the EA Membership Protection Policy.
The EA Membership Protection Policy consists of 4 parts:
- Part A – Core Policy
- Part B – EA Codes of Conduct
- Part C – Child Protection Requirements
- Part D – Members Protection Procedures
- Part E – Reporting Requirements and Documents
Listed in the EA Membership Protection Policy are the Codes of Conduct for:
- Parents / Guardians
- Welfare of the Horse
EA Social Media Policy
- Defamatory, disrespectful and hateful comments about individuals or organisations will not be tolerated.
- Representatives must not bring EA or the sport of equestrian into disrepute.
- EA representatives should ensure that comments made on social media abide by EA’s Code of Conduct and are in line with EA’s Member Protection Policy, specifically:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others
- Refrain from any form of harassment of others
- Refrain from any behaviour that may bring EA, its member associations or affiliated clubs into disrepute.
Get in touch
We love to receive feedback with suggestions on how to continue providing riding fun and good experiences.
Please note - we are not a riding school, and do not provide horses for lessons or instruction. If you wish to go riding and do not have your own horse, we recommend you contact a local riding school. The closest is Regal Riding School at Shoalhaven Heads.
Email: BRC Secretary email@example.com
Phone: 02 4464 1143
Mobile: 0410 506 143 (text is best)
Where to find us?
50 Schofields Lane, Berry, NSW 2535, Australia